Throat Cancer

Hi guys,I'm not sure if you would be interested but I have done a blog, on my journey up until now, and will continue to update it,as long as I'm able.

if you go into your search engine,ie: internet explorer, Firefox,safari, etc and type in.

http:/mythroatcancer.home.blog

you can read it, leave comments.

hope it helps

• Hi Taff

Good luck and wish you well on journey.

Few challenges ahead but I kept saying there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I was diagnosed with throat cancer last year and kept a blog of my journey and also started a thread on here which has many contributions and supporting help as well as tips.
    Under Living with Cancer and titled Radiotherapy for Throat Cancer and I'm Anchor 1707 ( Ian )

Have a read of my blog ( link to a lady called Hazel as well who has a blog) and hopefully give you some addtional awareness on road ahead as well as some suggestions along the way to help.

Let me know if I can help in any way and happy if you wanted to friend request for a more detailed one to one chat.

radiotherapythroat.home.blog

Onwards & Upwards

Ian

• Hi Ian, thank you I read your blog yesterday great reading, if I can call it that, will definitely keep in touch 

thank you

Del

• So sorry to hear that you are poorly if there is anything I can do for you let me know 

sending you lots of love Joycexxx

• Thanks Joyce I'm keeping my chin up, and getting on with it, to the best of my ability, you can follow my blog on. http:/mythroatcancer.home.blog

thank Joyce 

• hi I’ve read your blog , my partner has throat cancer , did you get sharp pain in your ear and up your head when you ate or drank anything? Thank you 

• Hi zoeleeann

im really sorry to here about your partner, you have read my blog, and seen what I have been through,  and truthfully I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, but I'm now 7 months post treatment, and still having difficulties eating, in answer to your question I have to say no, I've never had a pain and up to my head, or in my ear, but don't read to much into it, as everybody is different, I've spoken to so many with throat cancer, and never two the same, I sincerely hope your partner makes a successful recovery as I have fingers crossed.

if I can help you in anyway please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards 

Derrick (Taff123)

• thank you , we’re so worried because they found another ulcer last week where he had his tonsils removed , they said it could heal but they are keeping a eye on him , how much weight did you lose ? He has lost 4 half stone now , reading your blog really helped me feel more positive, I’ve veen positive all the way till now thank you again 

• Hie Zoe, hope you don't mind me calling you Zoe, as your name is so long and my memory is not what it was, what treatment are they giving him, I had Radiotherapy, and the ulcer was on my tonsil, but much to my surprise I went in to have my tonsils removed, but the surgeon said he may only take one out, the GOOD ONE and leave the cancerous one in, which at the time I didn't understand why, then he explained when he removes the good tonsil it will leave more room around the infected one to treat any cancer in the surrounding area, and when I have the radiotherapy,  the radiotherapy will burn the infected tonsil away and any cancer in the surrounding area, now I have no tonsils so he was correct with his diagnosis, I was well,  up till the end of my treatment 13/12/09 it was from then onwards I was really ill, with the radiotherapy doing it,s work, I have lost 2 and  a half stone, but it is now stabelling out, I look good and feel good, and don't want to go back to the size I was, I'm now 11 stone 6, my eating has improved but not eating the quantities I used to.

i hope this helps you, and please feel free to get in touch me when ever you want, no matter how trivial you you may think it is 

wishing you both all the best

Derrick x

•  Thank you so much for replying to me,he had both his tonsils out , his was a ulcer at the back of his throat and it was on his tonsils too , he was ok ,till the end of treatment  since then he sips water and he gets a pain in his ear up his head and it’s worse when he eats ,  the hospital team are amazing but can’t tell us anything till after the scan ‍♀️ It’s reassuring to know it’s slightly normal , so glad your through it and feeling better now 

• Thank you, hope all goes well