Throat cancer

Hello everyone I'm new to this like I'm new to having cancer 

It start a some months ago I was having my dinner and a piece of food got stuck in my throat and I end up going to AE and they advised that my doctor with be making another appointment for more teats on my throat so that started worrying me because I believe everything was fine so a few weeks later I got my appointment and I attend and they done a lot of tests on me and at the end they said they will send the results to my doctor in a few weeks so I waited and after about 3 weeks my doctor called me in and give me the bad news... Throat cancer I thought no way I can't have it.... At the moment the doctor is arranging a pointments with the hospital and clinic to get more test done well as my doctor told to is if its in the early stages or late stages

Well I'm so mix up at the moment and i don't know who to turn to because my sisters live far away and my father only past away last year with cancer 

So if you have any advice 

• Hello Shannon7777

Welcome to the forum although I'm very sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. It's understandably a difficult time and with the pandemic restrictions it is making things much harder for many people. 

We've quite a number of people here on the forum who have had different throat cancers. IN particular I'm going to suggest you use the forum search function (magnifying glass in the blue bar at the top of the page) to look up posts by [@Taff123]‍ and [@RadioactiveRaz]‍. Both these members have been through treatment and as well as their many posts on the foru mhave written personal blogs about their journey. I'm sure that you will find them helpful. 

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your appointments. We know that waiting for tests and results can be a really difficult time but hopefully once you have some answers and know what the treatment plan is you will feel a little less anxious about things. 
    If you'd like to speak to one of our nurses then you're welcome to give them a call. I'm sure that they will be able to offer you some support and reassurance. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi Shannon 

This is Hazel I am 21 month post radiotherapy for tonsil cancer with several affected lymph nodes ,I too was floored when I got the cancer diagnosis.Atbthe time I had just cycled 1100 km in Spain I had never been as fit in my life I don’t smoke or drink but I had a lump in my collar bone I thought I hadn’t pulled a muscle so when the words SCC squamous cancer cells we’re said I was shocked . But now 21 month later here I am still cycling and living my life more or less a

s before. Best advise I can’t give is lease please keep offer google there’s is so much mis indormation in there’s my oncologist yes never thought I would say those words said to be even as qualified as he is if he went in google he could diagnose himself dead so keep off Go on here cancer uk if Macmillann,speak to people like me who haveben there and someone it. The waiting is the worst part , in my case I was first sent 14 May cancer diagnosis 6 June the mid ct scan biopsy met oncoclisht in cancer centre leeds26 June treatment started 16 July ended 31 augustbyhen rexovery .So try nit too worry if u need any advise either sense me a friend request or ask on here My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com ,dont be scared be positive and don’t worry there’s plenty of us in here who’ve been there and done it. Try to eat as much as you can as weight loss is quite common 

Hazel xx