This is me

Hi I'm having a sleepless night as a newly diagnosed person with breast cancer. What makes it worse I am  a nurse and knows what may lie ahead. Thought this looked a great place to chat in the middle of the night and give or get support. My main worry tomorrow is facing work colleagues and family.

• Hi there ... welcome to our little chat room ... it must be so much harder when you have seen all the things cancer entails, something's you'll understand more then we do, others it maybe better not to know ... I'm nearly 8 months post mastectomy,  and found this chat room in the early days like yourself .. and others followed .. and one of us breast ladies have been answering threads on hear for years ...

Wer all at different stages with different treatments ... but I'm so proud of us all .. we chat about the good days, bad days ... and I just need to vent days ... I'm sure some will pop by soon to give you support too ...

By your username, you are allready using a positive thought ... and although we go through all those scary thoughts your having right now ... being a tad strong and positive will help you through ... my advise would be to live in the day ... take things as and when you get the facts ... don't look ahead to far ... and step by step you can do this ... wer here every step of the way if you need us ...

Take care and sending you a big hug ... Chrissie

• Hi Warriorqueen. Sorry to hear of the reason why you're on the forum. It takes awhile to get sleep and thoughts into a pattern. I finished treatment a year ago. The first few weeks did feel anxious but I just kept busy and faced things as and when. Take it one day and one stage at a time. Every cancer is different and we all react differently to each stage of our journey. But you are in the system now and will be treated to hopefully get rid of that *******!

Who you tell is up to you as and when. I got made redundant the day I got my biopsy results so wouldn't be able to say how to handle that. I made some good friends at work whom I told and are still supportive.

Take it one day at a time. It's a big shock. I lost my mom to breast cancer and my sister had it so have learned a lot over the coming years and I thought I knew alot about what was coming but it was not the same for me as it was for my mom and sis. You're a step ahead by being able to recognise if something isn't right and that knowledge will be very helpful.

Keep busy and do things you enjoy. Keep talking- this forum has been my godsend thru good and bad times. You got this!