The waiting game

Hi.

It's been a few weeks of worrying and I have found this forum to be a good sense of reassurance. This is my first post.

I've been through about 2.5mnths of back and forth with GPs and dentists but am now in the urgent referral pathway awaiting biopsies. 

I have a 1.2cm lump on my thyroid. Then 4 further lumps around right hand side glands, two of which are 3.6 and 3.7cm found through ultrasound. Bloods are normal. 

The consultant has said it is "very likely" cancer and regardless of the biopsy results I will need surgery to remove part of my thyroid. 

I'm finding it really hard that you have to be alone at all the appointments and the impersonal side of us all in masks. It's a difficult time. At the first appointment I walked out and could not remember what was said.

The waiting is tough. I haven't told work yet because I don't know what to say, there's no definite - it's just appointments and tests.

All ideas welcome for how to help pass the time

Thanks. E. 

• Hello Greece_E,

I'm sorry you've finding the appointments and the waiting difficult. It might help to take a notepad and pen to write down anything you might nor remember also taking some questions with you to your appointments might help address some your concerns. These tips here that could help you cope with the wait.

All the best,

Moderator Anastasia