Terrified I have bowel cancer!!

Hi I'm so scared so here's my story I'm 30 and have a 3 year old when she was 6 months old so 2019 I started getting mucus in my poo, occasionally blood and cramps I had blood tests which were clear but my stool sample calproten levels were very raised 700 odd so I had a colonoscopy and they took biopsies and didn't find anything but my consultant carried on tests as he wasn't happy with the raised calproten. I had another colonoscopy in January 2020 all clear and had X-rays all clear. Anyway all of 2020 I seemed much better didn't have many issues and my consultant left so I got a new one. In January this year I had a small bowel pill cam test which was also clear but my new consultant sent for stool sample again it's now raised 1700 very very high and I'm bleeding everytime I go for a poo! This has been ongoing since January but my new consultant refuses to do another colonoscopy or any tests to find out yet even though my symptoms have got much worse and calproten levels much higher. I'm now in a state of anxiety I can't eat or sleep properly and she just won't even see me. She is convinced it's hemeriods although they have never found any and I'm not sure what else to do I'm so scared they are missing something serious like bowel cancer! 

• Hi sorry you're going through this but I know how you feel. I was like this 12 years ago but thankfully my gp was amazing and diagnosed me with Crohns Disease almost immediately. My symptoms were exactly like yours and I was losing weight fast. When I was referred to hospital for tests, again I managed to get a fantastic consultant who agreed with my doctor. After initially having a colonoscopy I had an MRI which showed exactly where the inflammation was and treatment was started straightaway. I would push for a second opinion and hope you get answers soon xx

• Thanks for the reply! They did say after all the tests I had in 2019 that they ruled out crohns and other things but I'm so glad someone had the same symptoms and it wasn't cancer! I'm absolutely terrified! I'm fighting to make sure they see me though, i made a complaint about the consultant over the weekend and now the secretary has rang me saying she will try and get me in to be seen next week just shows doesn't it! Also I'm not sure what tests I can't have now as I've just found out I'm pregnant, I know they still do the colonoscopys I think but don't know about the other tests.

xx

• Aw congratulations, that's lovely news! My mind went straight to cancer when I first started experiencing symptoms as I'm sure everyone's would. Glad you are getting to see her, although you shouldn't need to fight for it! Not sure about the safety of the other tests for you just now but hopefully they can do something that'll put your mind at rest xx

• Thanks! :love: I want to start feeling excited but so hard when I don't know what's wrong with me and keep thinking the worst, I think colonoscopys are ok in pregnancy and they show everything don't they. I feel like because I had all the tests 2 years ago they just aren't taking me serious now as all tests were clear but like I said it's like my symptoms have got progressively worse and now I'm bleeding a lot too.