Terminal Lung Cancer

Hi. My dad has just been diagosed with terminal lung cancer. I have read online about hemp oil and cbd oil but they only say about cureable lung cancer not terminal. I have read stories online about people with terminal cancer beating it with oils and stiuff so i was wondering does anyone have any suggestions with what to do or what oils to use or just tips in genral. Thank you in advance. 

• Hello Betty147, 

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis of terminal lung cancer. With regards to hemp oil and CBD oil, I would suggest you  have a chat with your dad's medical team about this first and talk it through with them as they will be in the best position to advise you. Try not to be influenced too much by all those stories you read online -  unfortunately there are also a lot of people preying on the vulnerable and selling products online that are unregulated, dangerous and may be contaminated with harmful substances. 

We have an interesting article on our science blog just here that you may like to look at. If you'd like to talk about all this to our cancer nurses, do give them a call as they will be able to tell you more. Their freephone number is 0808 800 4040 and are available Monday - Friday between 9am - 5pm.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hiya. 

My father-in-law has terminal lung cancer and is taking the CBD oil. He is very tired all the time and possibly because of the amount of oil as well as the cancer. He finds it calming and it helps with pain, but that's about the extent of it. While his brain mets haven't grown or multiplied recently, his lung cancer has progressed and is spreading through the chest wall. It's not a magic bullet by any stretch.