Terminal Lung Cancer

Hi, I am coming here because my Grandmother has Terminal Lung cancer. They couldn't try surgery because it is so close to her heart. As of now she is undergoing Chemotherapy and is loosing all of her hair. I almost freaked out when I saw he head wrapped up in a head wrap. I almost didn't believe this was all happening until I saw her head wrapped up. When I was born my mom didn't want me and my grandma and dad were the only ones there to take care of me. Loosing my grandmother would be loosing a part of me. What I have become has been partly her. She means the world to me and it kills me to see her going through such rough times. What do I do? Part of me doesn't think I can live without her. 

• Welcome to our forum, BeeBopCat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, what an incredibly difficult time this must be for you.

Seeing our loved ones going through cancer is an experience that is never easy but it might help to talk with those who can relate to what we are going through so I'm glad you found us and decided to join. Hopefully, some of our very friendly members will come along shortly to chat with you and offer support but until then feel free to post as much as you need. We are here to listen.

Wishing you and your grandmother all the best,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hello BeeBopCat.  I am sorry your grandmother who it is clear was in fact the person who cared for you as a mother.  Nothing in life prepares you for some of experiences that we have to face when our most-loved relations are sick.    Be there for her, talk to her, keep reminding her with everything you do for her how loved she is and hard though it may be, keep calm as she will be distressed if she sees you being distressed.  I know from experience it is not always easy but it is best for her if she is not distressed by seeing you distressed.   If you can do this for you - and there may be times when you fail - it will be a great thing you are doing and will help her a lot.

You don't say what the prognosis is for her illness and hopefully you will not have to think about losing her in the near future!  Try not to worry about details like ahead wrap; that lovely lady is the same person who loved you and raised you with or without hair!