Tamoxifen

Hi I am new here this is my first post, I was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer caused by my hormones, I had a lumpectomy and they took the 1st nodules of the lymph nodes, I've finished my radiotherapy on friday 25/7/20 and I am taking tamoxifen have been now for 3 weeks, upto now I haven't had any side effects, I know its early day yet.

•  

Hi Babyblue,

Welcome to our forum.

I am so sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, but glad to hear that you have had a lumpectomy and finished radiotherapy. I am glad to hear that you are not experiencing any side-effects from this. Some people are lucky enough to sail through 5-10 years without any problems, so here's hoping that you are one of them.

It may still be early days, but most people tend to notice side-effects quite early on, if they are going to occur.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Jolamine,

Thank you for your kind words, and for more information about side effects. Like I said I'm very new in taking Tamoxifen, but it's good to know that I might sail through without any, fingers crossed,

I will keep in touch it's nice to know that your not on your own and can talk to people going through the same thing as you,

Kind regards 

Paula (aka Babyblue )

•  

Hi Paula,

You're definitely not on your own. There's one big cancer family here and, we all support one another.

It really does help to be able to talk to others who have or are experiencing what you are going through.

I hope that you continue to have no problems with Tamoxifen.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx