Tamoxifen

I am to start using tamoxifen soon but decided to just have a read on the possible side effects. Beginning to wish I hadn't.  There are so many. Is anybody using it currently? Are you experiencing problems with it or not? Scared of using it right now. 

Thanks

•  

Hi Dotty,

Welcome to Cancer Chat, although I'm sorry for the reason you've had to join.

I have had 2 bouts of primary breast cancer. The first time I had a lumpectomy followed by Tamoxifen. I discovered another lump in the same breast the following year and had a double mastectomy followed by Letrozole. I got many of the side-effects of Tamoxifen, but then I also had many of the side-effects of the Letrozole. You've really got to put the side-effects into proportion. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and I'm still here.

I know that this is a scary time, but the truth is that we really don't have a choice if we wish to survive.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go. There is always someone here whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi my 77 year old mums on it and the only side effect she's had is her hairs thinned on top. We can't see it as she's always had fine hair but she says it's thinner - apart from that absolutely nothing and she reads all the side effects leaflets too so slightest hint of anything else she'd be telling us lol. Hope this helps