Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Tablets for 5-10 years after Radiotherapy

11 Sep 2019 10:35 in response to Magpiemaggie

Morning Maggie,

Thank you for your reassurance over the Radiotherapy,I guess maybe I’ll get some idea next Monday and see what she says about the tablets.I am concerned over them with having MS but hopefully she will be understanding and give me ones with the least side effects especially with joint pains

love Jackie xxx

11 Sep 2019 12:58 in response to Jackie77

Was going to say good morning but realised it’s lunch time - this morning has flew in Happy

i wouldn’t worry about the treatment, your oncologist will know best. I forgot to ask which breast the cancer was in as if it’s the left radiotherapy can be different. xx

11 Sep 2019 13:23 in response to Magpiemaggie

Hi Maggie,

I am hoping she will.... 

Mine was in the right,quite low down so unless I lift up my boob you can’t see the scar!! 

What is the difference Maggie with treatment ? xxx

11 Sep 2019 22:32 in response to Jackie77

Hi Jackie

Those whose cancer was in the left have to do the deep breath hold technique in order to protect the heart. I couldnt do it Sad 

11 Sep 2019 22:35 in response to Magpiemaggie

Hi Maggie,

Does that mean I can breathe normally and be quickly done? 

How did you manage then? I’m not sure I could hold my breath for more than a couple of seconds !! 

Love me xxx

12 Sep 2019 11:37 in response to Jackie77

Hi jackie

yep, you just need to lie there and breathe normally, The oncologist had to develop a plan to get around my inability to hold breath - it’s not the holding of breath for a minute that was the problem, it’s being able to hold it at the same consistency - it’s quite complicated.

anyhoos, just hoping that my heart lungs etc weren’t damaged in the process.

x

12 Sep 2019 11:51 in response to Magpiemaggie

It depends where in your boob the squatter was removed from. If it’s in the lower left quadrant then the breath holding technique is needed, any where else they can cope apparently.  That’s the advice I was given any way. 

12 Sep 2019 12:45 in response to rileyroo

Hi,

Its low down near my Brest bone so will have to see,but can’t see me holding my breath as I’m petrified enough as it is.... panicking about them..... Jackie xx

12 Sep 2019 14:14 in response to Jackie77

The radiotherapy itself isn’t a problem. You just lie there and get zapped. 

12 Sep 2019 17:11 in response to rileyroo

Mine was in upper quadrant and I still needed to do it - had to undergo CT simulation on 3 different occasions to try and master it  - unfortunately I was rubbish at it.

12 Sep 2019 17:15 in response to Magpiemaggie

Maggie if I have to hold my breath I will be.... I’ll be bad enough just being in there let alone hold my breath xxx

12 Sep 2019 17:29 in response to Jackie77

You won’t have to hold your breath Jackie, yours is on the right so out of the way of vital organs -no need to worry Happy it’s going to be ok

12 Sep 2019 17:44 in response to Magpiemaggie

Maggie,

Ive got myself in a right state over it all,before operation fine,operation fine,post operation fine and now an absolute shaking,panicking mess over the tablets and the radiotherapy....

you must think I’m so daft but I just can’t help it.... need help.... Jackie xxx

12 Sep 2019 17:45 in response to Magpiemaggie

Hi both 

I hope you don’t mind, I would like to follow your progresses.  I’ve got grade 2 invasive ductual carcinoma.  1cm localised nodule in my lower right breast.  Surgery scheduled for 15th Oct including removal of some lymph nodes to check, presumed this was common practice. After recovery 3 weeks daily excluding weekends radiotherapy followed by tamoxifen..... I’ve had bowel cancer and open flap liver surgery (turned out not cancerous) so this looks easier, chemo for six months after bowel ... horrible but doable.  I know nothing about breast though and really nervous of the tamoxifen

best wishes to you both on this journey 

JBee

12 Sep 2019 17:51 in response to Jackie77

Oh ...kicking myself for mentioning it now. Happy to give my phone number if you want to talk Jackie, really sorry I’ve upset you Sad