Syringe driver

Hi my mother in law has bowl and lung cancer, 

The distract nurse came out last and give her 2.5 ml morphine and 2.5ml of a relaxant but it didn't work she was very depressed and scared so they came back out and give her diazapam. And put the cannula in ready for the driver today. 

How long is it after they put the driver in do they pass. 

• hi,

im so sorry to hear about your mother in law. My mom passed away last Sunday from lung cancer which spread to her brain etc. While in the hospice where she was for the last 6 days she was given 3 different syringe drivers for pain management and medication for her brain. Each person is different but mom was given the drivers as she couldn’t swallow the pills very well in the end I think it was 4 days later she passed. But that was mom and she was very ill and the tumours in her brain were very aggressive (she was in perfect health 6 weeks ago, only I’ll for 5 weeks) 

lucy x

• Hi, thank you for the reply. I'm so sorry for your loss of your mum. 

• Hi. Sorry your mother in law is going through that. My mum passed last year from lung cancer. She passed away two days after having the driver. 

• Hi Claread. Sorry that you and your family are going through this awful time. My husband died from cancer when he was 31. He was on the syringe driver for 11 days before he passed. The doctor did say that is iunusual to go that long, so unfortunately I would have to say that your mother in law will probably have passed within 11 days of going on the driver. If you need to chat I am on here and so are many others, some are night owls and others are here during the day. Best wishes Tinsy. If your mother in law is still able to hear you, tell her not to be scared. I saw were my husband went too and it's beautiful. And no I'm not crazy LOL. We were touching heads and I saw his family and pet dog waiting for him on a beautiful snowy clearing. He went the next day very calmly and relaxed. Love to you all X

• Hi there I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost my mother in law on Wednesday afternoon.