Symptoms of ovarian cancer

Last year i was constantly battling between having diarrhoea and being constipated alongside pain in my lower left abdomen as well as my pelvic area. My doctor said it's just ibs. However, over the last three months the pain has gotten worse, i'm losing weight quickly which has never happened for me, and three days ago i woke up with heavy vaginal bleeding even though i finished my period last week. i have never suffered with heavy vaginal bleeding between periods as i am on the pill therefore my periods have been regular. I have had both an abdomen and pelvic scan, blood tests and urine tests. all came back clear but i know my body and i know somethings is wrong. it's becoming more challenging to put weight on my left leg due to the pain. should i be worried?

• Hi maddiew,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you're experiencing.

It's hard to advise on your situation as really it's only your doctor who can do this, so it's good that they don't seem too concerned.

If you remain worried and experiencing symptoms, the only thing to do is to speak to your doctor again. If you prefer, you could always ask for a second opinion.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator