Swollen lymph node

Hello,

I have come onto this forum and seen so many conversations that have helped me to not worry so much. I found a lump in my neck around 10 weeks ago so I went to the doctors, they told me they believed it was a swollen lymph node which was around 3cm in size, they checked for other lumps but found none and asked me if I have been ill at all which I hadn’t been. They then told me to come back in 3 weeks if it hadn’t gone away which it hadn’t so I went back and they sent me for bloods which came back fine. I only just had my ultrasound yesterday on my neck and the lady said that it is a lymph node and it has fluid in it which she seemed to not understand why which has really scared me :( she also said there was other swollen lymph nodes in the lower part of my neck. I am now waiting on an appointment at the lump clinic which I hope the appointment comes through quickly, not quite sure what they are going to want to do there. I have looked online and of corse worried myself sick thinking I have some sort of cancer :( but I don’t have any weight loss, don’t feel tired, I have had the odd nightsweat maybe like 2/3 since finding the lump but I have had these before I found the lump so thought this can be normal sometimes but now I’m scared it’s related :(. Also when this is happening I am not drenched so don’t need to change my clothes but it’s still worrying because nightsweats are nightsweats right :(. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this with the fluid being in the lymph node and if they found out why or what it was :( 

Thanks

• Hello,

before I went I was hoping it was going to be just a cyst but she didn’t mention a cyst she said my lymph node had fluid in it which is strange and abit scary. Praying it’s nothing serious but I won’t know till i go for more tests :(. Aww I’m sorry to hear your going through a similar problem :( hmm that does sound a little strange but fingers crossed it isn’t anything serious. It’s such a scary thing to be going through so I know exactly how your feeling. My fingers are crossed for you to and good luck to you for your up coming appointments. You will have to keep me posted on what happens x