Subungual Melanoma

I'm so so scared. I have had a brownish vertical line on my fingernail for around a year or so. It was hard to see and could only see it in certain lights. Thought nothing of it and carried on as normal. Well it's now darker and I went to the hospital last week for something else and the nurse noticed it and said that I should make an appointment to see my GP to get it checked out. I have looked up and now I'm worried it's sunungual melanoma. I went to see my GP yesterday and have been referred to a dermatologist on a 2 week rushed appointment, although was told that they are behind and maybe looking at around 4 weeks. I have been sent through to my email about Cancer and that has now worried me even more. I haven't told my husband or anyone else for that matter. I was only in last week and had a laparoscopy procedure and don't want to add more onto them. My anxiety is off the scale. 

• Hi Kels85,

I can see you have received some replies to your other post on here from another one of our Mods and another member of the forum. There's not too much more I can add to that - but just to say, I hope it's not too long to wait for your appointment, and try if you can to keep busy and find distractions while you wait in order to help keep your mind off things.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Ben, 

thank you for your reply, I have literally just had a phone call and have been asked to go in to see the dermatologist tomorrow nervous . So will see what they have to say and let you know. 

thank you