Stuck in limbo

Dear all, 

I have posted before and have just had another mammogram/ mammograms. I had a big 5 cm fibroadenoma in my breast which was removed and biopsied. I have lobular carcinoma in situ/ fibroadenomatoid change and was told to be breast aware. I thought I had an abnormal area so just got it checked. Apparently I haven't been checking my breasts properly so I feel abit stupid as I was never told how to!. Had  mammogram and ultrasound then they found something I wasn't expecting ( the thing I was worried about was no problem) I have a cluster of micro calcification in my left breast. So I had to have another set of mammograms.It was really hard to get into all the different positions. Then I was told I could leave with no explanation, I suppose I will get an update in the follow up appointment.

All I remember is being told I have busy breasts and will probably need an MRI scan.

It's all abit confusing! It's great I can share here as I am sure there are lots of you who have had similar experiences and although everyone was fantastic I am none the wiser.

Best wishes to everyone dealing with health issues

From guinea pig lover.x

• Hello GuineaPigLover

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with ongoing issues with your breast health at the moment. It's understandable that you may be feeling anxious about things. 

We know that for many people this period of waiting for tests and results can be difficult and the uncertainty of what's going on can leave you with a whole range of thoughts and emotions. 

Hopefully you'll hear from the breast clinic soon about the results of your most recent mammogram, but do give them a call if you've not heard within a few weeks. 

In the meantime if you'd like to chat with one of our nurses for some support and reassurance you're welcome to call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. 

I hope you have some news soon. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator