Struggling with the death my 31 year old husband

This my first time here. Lost my husband Joe September 6. He was diagnosed back in May of this year with stage 4 testicular cancer. If it wasn't for my kids I wouldn't have a reason to go on. Seems as if we had kicked cancer right in the butt than got a curved ball thru at us. Now our 2 year old twins don't have a father. August 21st was he last day of chemotherapy. Only had 3 weeks to do of radiation for the cancer that spreaded to the brain. Our family had just got back into starting to live life after his month and half stay in the hospital. I just don't know how I suppose to go on without him.

• Awful to hear Mzmookie32. Your story is one of the worst. You will find the strength to continue, for the sake of yourself and your family, but that does not change the fact that you must be feeling really low now, in a way that I cannot possibly imagine. I hope this this forum can help you in some small way. My deepest sympathy. xx Harry

• I'm so very sorry, Mzmookie32; I can only imagine your devastation. I expect you'll probably have lots of support, but if you haven't already tried them, may I suggest www.macmillan.org.uk ? I have found them to be very supportive. Deepest sympathy to you and your little ones. Charlie.
  •  

Hi ,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your husband at the beginnibg of this month. My sincere condolences to you and your two very young children. This is so unfair to lose your husband at only 31. You should both have a full life ahead of you with your children.

I lost my mother to secondary cancer 20 years ago. She survived for 12 years, but was told that she had secondaries in her lungs, liver, brain and bones in her final year. She went downhill very quickly after that. I myself have had breast cancer for 7 years and was diagnosed with a second bout 6 years ago.

As you quite rightly say, you have to continue for the sake of your children, but also for yourself. Try to take things day-by-day. Do you have family or friends who can support you at this sad time? Accept any help offered.

You must be absolutely devastated just now. Your pain and hurt will eventually ease, but there is no telling when. People respond to grief in different ways. There is no right or wrong way.

I am thinking of and praying for you and your little ones.

We are always here for you, if you need to talk.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx