Struggling

Hi guys, just lost my darling husband 2 weeks ago it's the funeral tomorrow and I just can't imagine how I can get through it. My name is Sandra I live in Sheffield, my husband lost had a recurrence of his cancer 2years ago and passed away 8th September I just can't imagine how I can get through tomorrow. 

• Hi Sandra

All of us here who have read your post will be thinking of you tomorrow, with the support of your friends and family you will get through the day. Wishing you peace. Kim

• Good Morning Sandra, sending much love and thoughts your way for today. As Kim said with Friends & Family around you celebrate your husbands life, they will help you through it. Hugs & Much love to You and Yours x Lesley x

• Thank you for your kind replies, it went better than I could have imagined. I was having a really melt down yesterday, a very bad day and was dreading today. But I got up this morning feeling more positive and whilst it was emotional I was uplifted by the positive vibes from people, he had a wonderful turnout friends from years ago and more recent and its strange to say but I actually enjoyed the day!

To know other people loved him as I did will carry me through the dark times ahead. 

Love Sandra x

• Hi Sandra my mums funeral was the day after your husbands and i know exactly how you are feeling. Its a pain and feeling of loss you cant describe unless you experience yourself. I hope you are coping and like me each day is different. I never imagined it was possible to experience so many different emotions. Just take one day at a time and allow the natural bgrieving process to take place as I made myself ill last week with fighting with it and my GP said we must allow our bodies to deal with the natural grieving process to be able to carry on. Take care and God Bless Julie x
  • Thanks Julie, sorry to hear you made yourself ill that's the last thing you need, but I can see how it happened. Some days you feel like the tears won't stop, it's normal for me to shed a few tears each day its like a release and I feel calmer afterwards. But one day last week I started about 5 o'clock was really upset and was still like that at 1.30 am I just couldn't stop. I ended up ringing Samaritans which is something I would never have dreamt I would do but I was just so desperate, I could have rung family but who wants to put that worry on them? They helped calm me down, I have good days when I feel I'm coping OK, and days when I'm back to square one. It's very hard isn't it but I'm sure time will help we just have to keep plodding along. 

Love Sandra. X