strength

friends and family keep telling me how strong I am but it' all a front , inside I'm scared , falling to pieces and screaming blue murder , yes I'm putting on a brave face but when I'm at home ( I live alone) I'm an absolute wreck all I do is cry , can' sleep n feel so ill, I've got lovely friends and two adult daughters , 1 married and have 3 teenage granddaughters, I know I can talk to them all , but sometimes feel if I do I will end up having a total breakdown 

• Your post suggests that you might be heading for a breakdown if you don't talk to people.  I know it is easy for others to offer advice.  You don't say what is worrying you but I am presuming it i to do with cancer (?yes) and I think you would want you would want our family to share their problem with you if the situation was reversed?  I know (because I have tendency to keep things to myself when I am worried and have to make myself speak) the first breaking down of your barriers is hard but it is so much better when you do.   

• Hi there Kath... welcome, to our chat room ... now don't be so hard on your self ... a lot of us on here, look pretty strong and tough ... but trust me we all have moments of losing it now and then ... that's why they call this a rollercoaster... ups and downs ... but when wer on a down we look around and there we all are side by side , sharing good times and sad / angry ones ... I spent 2 days in bed curled in a ball the day I heard the word cancer ... shut everyone out ... but I screamed / shouted /cussed at it ... and was ready to let it win ... got up the next day ... watched a t.v programme about kids with cancer ... every one of them was smiling ... no hair, hooked up to drips or just laying on their beds but all really keeping their chin up ...

I thought if they can do this, what right have I got to feel sorry for my self ... not looked back since... I'll stick 2 fingers up to cancer and won't let it do that to me again ... may not work for every one but when I feel low I picture their little smiles ... so you go through what you need to, then come out fighting ... let's all take it on together... coz cancer wants us to crumble, and it has no compation.. wer here to listen highs and lows ... hold on tight ... we are ...Chrissie  xx