Strange

Since mum died in September, when I have a shower in the morning, I draw a heart in the steam and write 'I miss you mum x', it sounds silly but I do what helps me through this awful journey.

We each had a pendant with mum's fingerprint, which I leave in front of a photo of mum and dad and this evening when I went to kiss the pendant, the chain was in the shape of a heart..........not something I had shaped, very strange.

I know some people believe in signs and that our loved ones are with us in spirit, I don't know if I believe all that; I just don't know but a little bizzare. Made me feel happy but incredibly sad at the same time.

Sorry, that probably doesn't make any sense at all. I miss mum so much, it's just difficult to come to terms with.

• Hi there doesn't sound silly at all ive had all sorts happen that people cant cust explain away and i was a seiriel skeptic.but you know linda even the phyisists say energy cannot be made or destroyed .and isnt that what works our thinking with neuronic pathways etc.so when we die the energy has to go somwhere i think they come and go in spirit or whatever you want to call it .we are never going to know where or we would all want to go .ime so sorry you lost your mum it was my partner i lost but lost mum and dad some years ago so if you saw a heart shap and you didnt do it it must have been your mum .yes i understand it making you feel better you know your mums mums around but the sadness that shes not physicaly there. Its realy early for you yet but the pain does dwindle you just have to grieve and mourn its a healing process thers no way round it but you can make it not quite as painful counciling bereavement groups just been around loved ones chatting on here helps i have seen your posts asking if otheres are crying at 13  weeks it nine months for me and i still have blub its natures way of reliving tenshion i feel better after  .best wishs .paul

• Hi Linda,

It makes perfect sense to me I truly believe in signs from our loved ones.  I'm glad you found some comfort in seeing a heart shape in your necklace chain.  I've had a few things happen to me and I've also had a lovely dream about my mother and I do believe it was her coming to tell me she was ok I know not everyone believes in this.  I've had other dreams but not like the first one I had I've taken a lot of comfort in this.  I know it's not the same as having them here in person as they were but it does help a little.

I just think that when a person dies that they are gone forever - how can they be as Paul has said they may not physically be here but they are with us in some way.

xxxx