Stomach cancer

Can someone please help me with some information. A family member has recently been diagnosed with stomach cancer. It’s contained and hasn’t spread. He can’t have chemotherapy as he only has one kidney. He doesn’t want the big operation to have his whole stomach removed as he says he couldn’t cope with that. He is going if for key hole sugery this Thursday so they can have a better look with a camera. Will there be other options for treatments given to him. He’s eating well infact he’s eating everything haha . Just want to know if he can continue to live his life a wee while more with other treatments. Desperate for information 

• Hi GillT, 

I just wanted to stop by and pass on my best wishes for your family member's keyhole surgery today. I'm not sure what time it is but I hope all goes well and that he's back to his eating ways in no time :)

Your family member's medical team are the only ones that will really be able to tell you about other treatment options so if you have your family member's permission maybe you could ask about this on their behalf?

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi steph

the key hole surgery went well and he’s home eating great and he looks so well. Just waiting on an appointment to meet the the cancer team to see what treatments are available for him.

kind reguards

• Hi Steph 

Thank you for wishing my relative best wishes . His key hole surgery was a few weeks ago now. He recovered well but it now going in to get his whole stomach removed next Tuesday (5th February) . So as you can imagine he’s a bit anxious and his anxiety is through the roof.. He only has me! So I just have to keep reassuring him everything will be ok and I will be with him every step of the way.. Hopefully all goes well and God heard my prayers