Stomach cancer

Hi

My names Mark I am 52 and have recently been diagnosed by endoscopy with a malignant 6cm tumour, upper stomach and waiting for CT scan results, would be great to hear from anyone else in similar circumstances.

• Not had stomach cancer, but just wanted to wish you well, and have fingers crossed that it has not spread. I had penile cancer, caught thankfully in its early stages, and have vivid memories of the wait for pathology and scan results. Awful, especially as I knew that lymph node involvement in penile cancer confers a poor prognosis. I got lucky, and hope you will get lucky too. If it hasn't spread you will have an excellent chance of a cure following surgery, without any need for chemo, and you can put this nightmare behind you.  Good luck. Harry.

• Hi

I had stomach cancer and had to have a lot of my large intestine removed and my appendix.i have had chemotherapy and that was almost 2 years ago.i get checked with blood tests etc.

I hope it all goes ok for you.

• Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum. I had a very similar endoscopy experience the only difference being my cancer was a little larger and was on the junction of my oesophagus and stomach.

I'm guessing you will have had biopsies taken during the endoscopy? The results of most of my biopsies and the CT scan were given to me during my first appointment with my Oncologist - surgery wasn't an option for me. You will probably get your results from either your Upper GI surgeon or your Oncologist - it depends on who will be leading your care plan.

Your treatment options will probably be discussed with you when you get your scan and biopsy results, along with the stage your cancer has reached.  

Good luck!
    Dave

• Hi mark

sorry to hear this. My husband got diagnosed last March. Unfortunately it was stage 4 by the time they discovered it. No symptoms previously apart from losing weight. Fingers crossed they’ve caught yours early xx