Stay strong

Having avoided hubby all night, I went to say goodnight as I needed to be up early for the roofers who were coming at eight thirty.   Can I have a hug and a kiss he asked, how could I refuse, I can never understand the frustration of having cancer, not knowing if you will be able to live a normal life again.  Knowing that it is treatable not curable.  What black thoughts you must have just to overcome the horror of not knowing how long you have.  It is bad enough for me and I'm not going through it.  It's difficult keeping a happy equilibrium each day, not allowing it to cloud your life through every minuteof that day.  We have stayed strong but sometimes life throws a curve ball at you both and you have to dig deep to find even more inner strength.   You avoid most people on these days as you don't want to bring them down too.   Anyway, roofers finally arrived at ten this morning, no one fell off and they cleared up after themselves, and oh yes the sun is shining, glass of wine in garden is on the menu.  Take care all my fellow carers, lovers and partners and stay strong!!

•  

Hi Carol,

Yes cancer can be a dark place, as the ramefications are so huge. It is also something which we cannot control, so at times we feel as if we are on a runaway train and heading for disaster. For many this dark hole is death and we are nearly all frightened of this. We know that we all have to leave this mortal coil at sometime, but with cancer there is always the fear that this will be sooner rather than later and many of us don't feel prepared for that just yet.

Your hubby is lucky to have you by his side. I lost my Mum to cancer a few years before I developed it myself, so I know just how difficult it is to maintain your equilibrium, when it feels as if your world is crashing in on you. Try your best to soar above those grey clouds, as life will throw you several googlies along your cancer journey.

I'm glad to hear that the roofers have been - mine was here to-day too - slates blown off with our lovely summer weather! I hope that you found time to enjoy that glass of wine in the garden.

Don't despair. I am sure that you will have the strength to carry on with such a possitive attitude.

• Thank you for your lovely comments.   I did get my wine and very nice it was too!  May have another one with Coronation Street.   We are all doing our best and it's not often I let the black clouds lsdtt