Stay Strong

Ii think today has  been the nearest I have come a to losing  the plot.  I still don't know if we have two appointments on the same day, miles apart, and I'm met this morning at 8 am with hubby pronouncing that he thinks the trapped wind is an infection!   Having suggested yesterday that we should have it checked at the out of hours units  before he went into rip van winkle mode, it's ignored.  A face is pulled when I suggest we will have to take his temperature,  you would think I'm suggesting tooth extraction, I stand my ground and it's 36.6 so no infection!  Decided it must be what we thought two days ago.  Get in car to go to the hospital and because I don't follow his route I'm tutted at and told just do what you want!"  I am now shaking with suppressed anger and criticism of my driving.  I've got this everyday for four weeks , will I survive,  never mind the patient!!  Arrive at the hospital and he keeps trying to tell me where to park, even though it states no entry and then no right turn, I give up pull up outside on double red lines and throw him out, peace I can now choose my parking space.  Scan completed in fifteen minutes, cup of coffee for me, or so I hoped, nope the coffee machine is kaput the volunteer ladies tell me, I give  up.   Hubby comes back, absolutely brilliant he says, permanly tattooed for radiotherapy and now knows where he is going, I'm glad somebody's happy, argh.   See you tomorrow. Carol

• Chin up Caz you no what they say we always take it out on the ones we love, I'm the same with my husband he always cops for all the bullets firing at him, its beena year now I'm having my 20th chemo session tomorrow. I know its hard for you as a partner your going through hell as well. He will appreciated it but we just lash out without thinking, well I do. K eep going Caz and scream if you want to scream. love Amanda. xx

• Hi Amanda,  thanks for the upbeat message.  Yes you're right the nearest and dearest cop the lot!  Anyway today's another day, I'll unite my tongue and smile sweetly!    You ,ust be goimg theough a lot by the sounds of it I hope all goes to plan.Love Carol

• Hi Caz, it can be so difficult looking after someone with cancer but just bite your tongue. my mum has cancer and she is so scared and because she feels out of control she can just randomly let rip, maybe parking spots are the way they can have some control and release some anger. it sounds silly but it's all from pressure within, just take a deep breath and eventually this will all be over. Take Care x 

• Sometimes we just cannot help our mouths running away with themselves, its very hard and stressful for everyone nothing is never the same around Cancer. Keep that chin up and think of something funny or nice when things are trying, hope things go well with treatment. My treatment is going good at the moment I take one day at a time and I try being positive, doesn't always work though and I have total melt downs. You take care Caz . xx

• Thanks for the lovely message.  Had a better day today! I have been taking it a day at a time, it's the only way to cope!! Glad treatment is going well. Caz

• Your welcome Caz take care. xx