Stay Strong

Off to zumba in the pouring rain, hubby drives me and asks "have we got any appointments today?" No I tell him, thank God for that a whole day to ourselves  I meet my friend who was at her Brother in law's funeral yesterday,  yes he died of lung cancer aged 65 years, she has not wanted to tell me but I tell her it's ok, not everything is about our problems.   I need to be a friend as well as others are to me.  We hug and go our separate ways, eacheeky with her owns thoughts.  Back home, shower,  lunch and off to the gardent  centre my hanging baskets have drowned and been eaten by fat slugs  Hubby tells our neighbour his hair is blowing in the wind,  he laughs and tells him he needs another buzz cut, even his moustache is thinning out now, haven't seen him naked facially for fifty years, I hope it hangs on, I can only take so much change in him at a time!!  Spaghetti bolognaise for tea and some left for a treat after chemo tomorrow,  I am not going to let him lose weight again.  Hope our lot haven't floated away in their Yurt, maybe they should have hired an Ark!  Signing off now, feet up and a glass of wine nd left over wedding cake, what an exciting nigjt!

• Hi Caz,

Thanks for sharing your news. Wine and wedding cake? Mmm - that sounds good to me!

My own chemo diet included home-made power shakes - full fat milk blitzed with various combinations of soft fruit and/or smooth peanut. Also home made soup blitzed with a dollop of cream added. This and grazing on chocolate and cake (little and often) helped me keep my weight fairly stable, despite the D & V side effects of the chemo. 

I've had a beard for about 40 years now, so can understand your concerns about that :-)

Cheers
    Dave

• Hi Dave, thanks for your tips and for replying to my post.  It's great that you are keeping your diet up as well!  Good luck for the future.  Carol