Stay Strong

Bad night.  Too hot and sets cancer cough off.  I Bury my head in the pillows trying to block it out, knowing I have a busy day ahead of me.  Drag hubby out of bed,  nervous as hell he says.  Hates the hospital he is going into as he had his leg amputated there, bad memories for us both.  Arrive in pouring rain, disabled parking available!   My optimism is soon lost though as parking charges apply.  I run around in the pouring rain looking for a pay machine going full circle until I find one hidden by the trees,  haven't got two pound fifty in change!   Back to car and tell hubby stay put will get some change.   Cashier situated in reception, back into the rain I am now like a drowned rat.  Back to get wheel chair, these Trusts certainly know how to challenge cancer patients and their Carers.  Deposited onto Ward and left looking very apprehensive hubby.   Back home, ironing done,dishes washed, a bit of lunch and back in a couple of hours to go through it all again  Roll on tomorrow,  a day to myself at a friends wedding, hope all goes well!!

• Hi Carol,

I'm sorry to hear you and your husband had to go through that rather stressful day on Thursday but hopefully, you managed to enjoy yourself a little at your friends' wedding?

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks I had a lovely but long day.  I wish Hospital Trusts treated their patients a little better when it comes to appointments and parking.  There is no continuity.  We have a parking permit for the cancer treatment but then you get sent somewhere else and the policy is ttotally different.   Who thinks change for parking meters is our number one priority?   You have a disabled badge but still have to pay.  No one is prepared to give an inch when it comes down to money,compassion doesn't exist, I hope one day they are not on the receiving end of their own policies