stage 4 with mets no treatment

Dear all,

myou mom has just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer with liver mets.This has been confirmed by CT. ..should they have biopsied this?

She is still generally in poor health but prior to her diagnosis she was eating more and although very thin she has gained weight.She is short of breath and has COPD but no cough, pain etc

They have said weeks to months as survival as won't offer chemo.I know she won't have long but just wondered if anyone has experienced similar time scales?we are praying for months so can spend Christmas together..she remains in good spirits, 

Thank you all in advance xx

• I’m so sorry to hear this. My dad was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer that has spread to his liver. We found this out yesterday and they have offered him chemo. They have told us He won’t be cured but they can prolong his life with chemo (if it works) 

did they say why they haven’t offered chemo? 

• Hi Lorenzoben,

So sorry to read about your Mom’s situation which sounds awful.

Are you in the UK? If you are, you might want to challenge the no treatment decision, or at least ask why this was decided and whether palliative treatment to relieve any symptoms and pain will be made available when appropriate.

Best wishes

Dave

• Dear Lorezoben,

So sorry to hear about your mum. I have exactly same as your mum plus it is in my spine. My treatment is immunotherapy, I did have a liver biopsy then told I would be given this treatment. Before this told terminal with only palliative care. My prognosis without treatment 3/6 months. It is now one year since diagnosed, please ask about this treatment for your mum and ask why no chemo. Please keep asking questions and any info you get off this site look into it. Your Mum will be very scared at this time so please keep strong for her. We are all here for you should you need to talk. Best regards Jen