Stage 4 Stomach Cancer (signet cell)

My 61yr old mum has just been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer, it states signet cell. We know it's uncureable and she is going to be offered palliative chemo, we are awaiting an appointment with the oncologist which should hopefully be within the next few weeks. 
I am really struggling to find anyone who has had this type of cancer and any stories of what may have helped them? My mum has already said she isn't going to ask anything about expectancy. 
I am the oldest of 3 sisters and we lost our dad 5 years ago so just trying to hold it all together at the moment but really finding it difficult. Our mum, as many are, is our absolute world. 

• Hello Helen28

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum's diagnosis. Understandably it's a difficult time for you all. 
    I've had a look through the previous posts on the forum and I can't see that we have any recent posts where signet cell cancer has been mentioned. I do know that it's quite a rare type of cancer so that is probably why you're struggling to connect with others who have experience of this diagnosis. 

We do have some information on our website here that may be of help but you might also find it helpful to speak to one of our nurses about things. If you'd like to chat with them I'm sure they will be able to offer some advice and support. They're available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator