Stage 4 prostate cancer, now bone cancer

I have been living with stage 4 prostate cancer for almost 5 years.  The patient is my husband.  Thought we were making progress but found it has spread and now back to chemo.

• Hello pdavis201,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I am so sorry to hear that your husband's cancer has spread to the bones and that he is having to start chemotherapy again. It must be an incredibly stressful time for you both and I am sure your husband appreciates having you by his side as he has to face treatment again.

I hope you will get chatting on the forum with others who are in a similar situation at the moment. I hope this new round of chemotherapy goes well for him. Does he start treatment soon?

Our nurses are also available on this free number 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm should you have any question on your husband's treatment for example or on anything you want to find out more about.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hello, 

I'm so sorry to read what your both going through and i really hope you will be both strong enough to fight and win. I hope you don't mind me asking a few things as i have prostate cancer and would like to know more of what he's cone through, i understand if you don't want to discuss anything as you must be gione through so much but i'd really want to know if i could be going in the same direction, i'll explain now.

On June 23rd my prostate was taken out. previous to that i was told the cancer haddn't spread. I had a follow up with my sergon in Aug in which he informed me he had taken the prostate out but had to go in further as it started to spread also there might be a tiny bit still in me.I have a PSA test next month, What i wanted to know is If your husband had his prostate taken out How did they detect it's sadly in his bones now? Surly not by just a PSA test as i thought that test is just for the prostate??? in which case why do i need to have PSA tests now mine is out? Sorry maybe i'm just so getting all this, i'm confused. I'm so sorry to go on or even contact you , i should as a nurse really but because i read your post it felt that might be where i'm going. 

One confused Col :(