Stage 4 ovarian cancer

I will be having 6th Chemo together with Avastin this week. My latest scan shows " continued improvement" but I have been told that the original plan of debulking surgery is now not viable. The plan is the Avastin will keep the cancer under control as long as possible.

Anyone else in the same situation?

• Hello Velvet,

I'm glad to hear your latest scan showed continued improvement although I'm sorry to hear that the original plan of debulking surgery is no longer an option. It's good that the Avastin is available to keep your cancer under control but I can understand why you may want to reach out to others.

I'm sure those that are in the same or a similar situation will reply soon but in the meantime do feel free to join in on other discussions about this as well. Using the 'search forum' above and typing in keywords such as ovarian cancer or avastin should help you find others with the same diagnosis too.

I hope your 6th chemo goes well this week velvet. Do come back and keep us updated on your progress, we'll be thinking of you.

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator