Stage 4 lung cancer

My poor mum has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today it has been such a shock . I completely broke down mum has been so strong. I created a profile to get some help / advice and hope from anyone in a similar situation. My mum is my world and I would be lost without her. Just need some hope.

Vivinne

• Hi Viv. . Welcome to our little chat room ... so sorry about your mum's diagnosis .. all of us either have cancer or looking after someone with cancer ... and there's quite a few pushing the odds down the road .. l was grade 3 breast cancer, and thought my number was up ... that's 10 months ago ... and here I am chatting to you, and doing o.k ... 

When you first here the word cancer, shock can set in while the brain processes it ... but after the shock goes, you can help your mum through this journey we find our selfs on ... it's like a rollercoaster. . You sit in and off it goes, with ups and downs ... but hold on tight , wer all on that ride with your mum ... 

You can do this ... together ... it's not a walk in the park, but it is doable .... so hold on ... there's always someone here to listen if you need support ...   Chrissie x

• Hi Vivinne,

I know how you feel. It's so hard to accept and process. My mom was diagnosed in February and I'm still struggling with anticipatory grief, sadness, anxiety, depression... It is devastating news. My mom has been strong through it all. She is receiving treatment and she has lots of hope. You are not alone and you can do this. I've learned that my mom gets more upset over my worries than anything. You will need some time to get over the initial shock. Try to be there for your mom as much as you can. I'm here to listen when you need support.

Warmly,

Tamara 

• Thanks so much for the reply Chrissie and I'm glad your doing well. It's nice were all in this together. Xx

• Thanks Tamara for your kind words same poor mum is so strong and never shed a tear. She was more concerned about me yesterday taking days off afraid I'd loose my job. We will fight this ans this forum is nice to talk and share. X

• Hi. I’m so sorry. Are you ok. I too have had this news today. Stage 4 lung cancer with an app at her chosen hospital a week tomorrow. Every second feels like an hour.