Stage 4 lung cancer

Hello Everyone, After many trips to 3 different hospitals over the past 2 months for X-rays CT scans PET scan 2 Bronchopsys & a mediastinoscopy my wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I try & support my wife the best I can but sometimes I just feel so helpless but after reading some of the posts on here from other people in the same situation it has given me the strength I needed to stand up to this evil cancer within her. 

• Hi Pete welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to read of your wife's recent diagnosis. It's been a few years since my husbands diagnosis and I know that in those few years new treatments and protocols have become available and I hope she finds some benefit from them. I found these forums an invaluable source of information and support during his illness and I hope you find them as useful too. The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation can also offer help and support. Netty
  • Thank you for your reply Inula it's so kind of you.

• Hi Pete1, I have just come across this site, I unfortunately, was taken into hospital in September this year (2017) and have been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer too, inoperable, massive shock and still quite hard to absorb. After having what sounds like the same tests as your wife I am now 8 days into my second round of Chemo. I do not really know whats happening, but I want to fight this as much as I can, but it seems so hard to get positive answers, how is your wife? I'm a 53 year old female, my name is Lorraine but my friends call me Loll
  • Hi Loll, My wife is so up & down at the moment with what she will have to face in the next few weeks. We've got an appointment with the oncologist on Monday so we should hopefully know more about the nodule in her other lung & liver. My heart & best wishes goes out to you Loll it really does. 

• Hi Pete 

My best wishes to you and your wife - it is a very difficult time for the both of you. Stay strong and be there for each other.

I have only just joined this site tonight due to not being able to sleep and not knowing waht to do...

My husband (also called Pete)  was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at the beginning of October and was due to see the oncologist on Monday with a view to starting chemotherapy, but today has been taken into hospital with suspected pneumonia, collapsed lung, high calcium and low protein. He should have started chemo a few weeks ago but got a chest infection and high calcium and so had to be treated for that and the chemo delayed.

I've sat at his bedside all day, but feel helpless as there is nothing else that I can do

Rachel

• Hi Pete,

my best wishes to you and wife - I know how hard it is for you as well as her.

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 2 weeks ago, he has started with radiation already and due to start chemo tomorrow. Its very tough and will feel as if you are lost and dont know what to think anymore but just stay strong and hang in there just keep her going with positive thoughts.. We can beat cancer if we all stay strong together.. the worst part of seing a loved one diagnosed is the amount of pain that they go through. She might try to push you away with all that she is going through but dont give in just assure her all the time that you are there for her no matter what.. my husband is only 30 years old and i know that he can fight this but it will get worst before it can get better or maybe thats what i just keep on telling myself.. I have learnt one thing in life and the hard way that its the mind is very powerful, if we believe and keep telling ourself something our body and emotion starts acting it out.. so stay positive and keep her positve as well..

Regards

• Hi Rachel, Thank you for your reply & I'm so sorry to hear about your Pete I really am, I hope he can start his treatment asap & I send my love & best wishes to you both,