Stage 4 cervical cancer

Hi, where do I start... I am 28 years old with 3 very young boys. In 2016 on my very 1st smear test I was diagnosed with stage 1a1 cervical cancer. Lucky enough for me at the time they manage to remove it all with  cone biopsy and clear margins. So all had gone well up until this year. I started having sever kidney pains in November 2017 and went to the doctors and was given antibiotics as usual. Then in March 2018 I went into hospital with really bad kidney pain again. I was admitted for a week whilst they tried to find out what was going on! I had xrays/ultrasounds and mri. They told me myureater was being blocked which was causing hydronphrosis to my right kidney. 1st they thought it was a kidney stone but it wasn't the right shape! 2nd they said it was a swallen lymph node but as I had a full body lymph scan I had no swollen lymph nodes. So they just told me it was a mass on my right pelvic wall. So in the same week I had an internal stent in my kidney to help in drain and was discharged home. 2 weeks later I called backup to say the pain was back so I was admitted back in and told I needed a nephrostomy in my kidney as I was close to losing my kidney! So I had a nephrostomy tube fitted with my drainage bag. Few week later I went in for a laparoscopy to take biopsy to find out cause of the mass. They came back NON CANCEROUS which I have in writing. So the consultants were confused at this point so arranged for me to have open surgery with a vascular surgeon there as the mass is wrapped around my command iliac vessel. So 18th July 2018 I went in for surgery which was only ment to be a 1 night stay. I woke up in so much pain in was given ketamine... in surgery there were 5 different surgeons present that some had been called in! Gynecology/vascular/bowel/urologist and anethasist. They had cut through my ureater.... the mass had grown on to part of my bowel so that got removed. I was in hospital for 2 week unable to get out of bed at all... bed bathed. Hooked up to everything.. my consultant came and told me that the biopsy had come back as cancer!!! At this point I am shocked as a few weeks earlier he said it wasn't! He told me as long as it is only in the pelvic area it is curable. So I was discharged home and a week later I had an appointment with my on oncologist. Where she started talking to me about starting my chemotherapy and radiotherapy. When I went to sign the consent form I saw it say to control cancer! So I questioned it and she said.... yes it is NOT CURABLE as it is basically at stage 4 now as it is/was in another organ! So I left feeling positive in myself which I have to be for my boys, it has been 4 weeks since this meeting with the oncologist and it's not until another 2 weeks time that I start my 1st session of chemotherapy! I feel like I have been treated as a number rather than a patient. Surely they can not leave me this long!. I feel ok and well in myself at the moment but am terrified about starting chemo as I will become very I'll from it. Just not sure what to do now.

Thankyou.

• Oh my god how awful for you. Doctors are not always right as unfortunately we both know. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in may but I went to docs with the same lump in 2016 and they dismissed it. It wasn’t until it started burning and keeping me awake that I went back. 2 years too late in my opinion as the tumour is pretty big and starting spreading to my chest wall. I am 36 and have  an 8 year old little girl and the thought of anything happening to me petrifies me. She just would not cope! 

Chemotherapy is horrible (I’ve just had my 5th round) but it seems to be working so I’m sure it gonna work for you. If they’ve said it’s to control your cancer it can be for another 20 years if not more. It’s important to just have hope as this illness We have is so unpredictable.....it’s does what it wants and doesn’t care how young, healthy or how many kids we have. It’s just evil! The good far out weighs the bad in chemo. You’ll be fine with it and have age on ur side. Just go with everything they are offering and show this cancer bell*nd who is boss!! You take care!

candice xx