Stage 4 cancer

Last Friday I took my mum to the docs as she had lost mobility in one of her arms and one of her legs thankfully the doctor rushed her to hospital thinking she may of had a stroke unfortunately this wasn’t the case the hospital did  a CT scan and we were told she had several brain tumours.the next day she was given another CT scan with a dye to check for more tumours they found that she had some in her right lung,lymph nodes and in her left adrenal gland she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer she was told it was incurable  and that it probably started in her right lung she’s due to go back to hospital on Wednesday for a MRI scan and to get a tissue sample taken so they can find out where the cancer started and if they can give her treatment to help prolong her life I’m completely devastated by this and I’m finding it hard to cope.. I don’t know what to do.. she’s my   Best friend not just my Mam I can’t live with her!! 

• Hi Soph

welcome to the CC forums. A place we all wish we had no reason to visit but a place of support. I'm sorry that your mum's going through such a terrible time right now. It's dreadful watching your loved one suffering isnt it?  I'm sure the mri and biopsy will she'd light about what sort of cancer your mum has and this will have a huge bearing on the treatments available. When my husband was battling cancer we tried to make the very best of each day, appreciating even the very little things like spending quite time together. I wish your mum and your family well. 

Netty x