Stage 4 brain cancer glioblastoma

November 4th 2018 my grandma had a "seizure" she was found shaking , unresponsive , stiff , foam (not sure)coming out her mouth . first thing i thought was it cause from her abscess on her tooth  . she was rushed to the hospital where it was very crucial for us i stayed with her in the ICU where she had a breathing tube down her throat her eyes were shut & still unresponsive then 4 hours later she still had her eyes closed moved around trying to remove her tubes so they had restrains on her wrist and said she was "agitated" . day 2 they sedated her Day 3 she was up confused (before all this they diagnosed her with dementia & her eye had a stroke ) and they mentioned a mass in her brain on her left side (other hospital said it was from her past seizures) the next day she under went a biopsy . They said " we removed what we seen and what we can get" . day 5 sedated no word on her . day 7 blood clot in her heart was found . everything happened SO FAST ! one minute she was walking on her own happy dancing she did EVERYTHING on her ow  next was all this . November 17 they said it was BRAIN CANCER she was already grade 4 diagnosed with glioblastoma . ( we weren't and still aren't cancer educated) they mentioned that it was VERY AGGRESSIVE that they couldn't remove all of it cause it was already embedded into her brain . & said she only has 12 months to live . (This explains why she was so confused why her left eye sight was going out and her head aches it wasn't dementia and she wasn't partially blind it was a CANCER) ! She was fighting and being so strong she didn't say she was sick and sometimes i think why or how did this happen so fast ? She is slowly losing her memories (its hard to witness im her grandchild with a heavy heart felt ) . she is 74 they didn't want to give her radiation or chemo said (it will spread faster)November 27they decided on hospice and let me tell you i never would have thought that she be in a bed diapers not walking lost of who we are and where she is . December 2 she had multiple seizures due to hospice not giving us her medication rushed to the hospital received them then brought her home the next day she spoke differently. December 9 her vitals were low they said she wouldnt make it . December 16 (today) she is still fighting  My grandma is a fighter and i pray for a miracle . dont disbelief me

• Welcome to Cancer Chat cureforgrey17 although I'm very sorry about your grandma.

I hope the information we have on our website about brain tumours will help you to understand your grandma's disease better but our cancer nurses are just a phone call away if you'd like to chat to them about this. Their phone lines are open Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m (except bank holidays) on 0808 800 4040.

I'm going to put you in touch with [@Rooby]‍ as their dad also has this diagnosis and hopefully she'll pop by soon to chat now I've mentioned her in this post.

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• I’m sorry. Unfortunately, I’m too familiar with messed up cancer. My dad was diagnosed with it last year and his actually spread to the spinal fluid floating around brain and spine so they can’t even surgically remove it. The confusion is common with this tumor. Personality changes. My dad can’t walk and less than two years ago he was a doctor and climbing mountains and now he’s completely dependent. I think that a little bit of me is literally dying everyday watching my dad battle this crap. And I think my own health is and will be affected by all the pain and stress that this cancer has caused 

• Its very overwhelming and i feel the same way i wish there was more that we can do instead of watching them today her brain cancer traveled to her lungs so now she is on her breathing machine and i feel her pain sometimes . i break down every moment . aand when i have to switch her up cause now she has a bed sore :( its breaking me . but i TRY to be as strong as i can . .

All we can do is pray for our parents and have faith .