Stage 4 Bowel Cancer

Hi. I was rushed into hospital Xmas Eve 2017 with acute pain and within hours had an operation whereby the surgeons removed a 4.5lb tumour along with the majority of my large intestine.

I was told that I also had cancer in my lymph nodes so spent 6 months on chemo. One year down the line and I am now stage 4 as the cancer has decided to make its home on my lung. I am shortly due an operation to remove the tumour from my lung or possibly the whole lung.

My life has once again been thrown upside down and was really just wondering if anyone out there has been through similar and what the outcomes are.

• Welcome to Cancer Chat, Dorsetlife although I'm sorry to hear about the reason that brings you here.

I think many of our members will understand the whirlwind you are going through at the moment and I hope that some of them will be here soon to chat and share their experiences with you, as talking to those who can relate does seem to help. In the meantime feel free to browse for threads which resonate with you and join the conversation. Also, post as much as you need, we are here to listen.

Warm wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator