Stage 1 womb cancer cells

So my results today were not what I was expecting,  had my mri which shows I have cancer cells in my womb stage 1 grade 2. Devasted got to have full hysterectomy, this I could cope with until they said they do further checks to make sure ain’t spread, so now have weeks of more stress waiting for op. If I get the all clear after hysterectomy will I be all clear and will I still have good life expectancy

• Hello Mario11

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis earlier this week. It's understandably a difficult time and I know many of our members here will know how worrying it can be whilst waiting to find out the full extent of things. We've some information here on our website which you may find helpful. 

It can sometimes help to talk things through and I wondered if you might benefit from speaking to one of our nurses. I'm sure they would be able to give you some information and support whilst you're waiting. If you'd like to speak to them they're available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Keep in touch Mario11 and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hi Mario11,

I was diagnosed with grade 1 cancer in my womb in January.  Like you, it was a bombshell and totally unexpected.

I had my hysterectomy on 10/2 and honestly it’s been so much easier than I thought.  They took both ovaries, tubes, womb and cervix, but the pain was really manageable and I felt a massive sense of relief once it was over.

I had my follow up last week and I won’t need any chemo or radiotherapy, I was so relieved I can’t tell you.   I’ll be monitored regularly but the surgery has been deemed a curative measure.

Please try not to worry, it’s hard not to think the worst, especially with Covid and having to isolate etc.  Fingers crossed you also have  a good outcome x