Stage 1 pancreas cancer

hi, my grandad was diagnosed with stage 1 pancreas cancer today. The cancer has not spread anywhere else in the body which is the positivity we are clinging onto. My grandad is 80 and so well and fit, probably fitter than most 60 year olds he is truly marvellous for his age. Which is why this news has come as such a shock to my family today. 

I was just wondering if anyone has had or knows anyone with pancreas cancer as it would be comforting to hear positive stories. 

The doctor told us that it's not a good place to get cancer but the good news is it hasn't spread. They are starting him on chemotherapy ASAP. Either Monday or Tuesday to try and shrink the cancer. 

I just wish we knew how much time we have & if it will shrink and keep the cancer under control. 

I know there's people a lot worse off but I'm really struggling to accept the news we have received today. 

I would really appreciate people sharing their thoughts x

• Hi there ... you've said it all in the name you chose... live love and hope ... that's what we all do, it's grade 1 and not spread, so that sounds hopeful... and he sounds pretty strong for his age ... and they are starting his chemo quick ... so everything's being done that can be ... so keep hopeful, give him lots of support, he will need that now ... lots of hugs... 

He is on our rollercoaster of a ride, but he's not on his own, lots of us right there on the ride with him ... and how lucky to have a wonderfull granddaughter like you ... sending you a big hug .. hold on in there ..Chrissie xx