Squamous skin cell cancer stage 3 .advice

I need some help and advice on how to deal with this please weve had the results back from my dad's biopsy ect and its a lot worse than the docotors thought they confirmed it's stage 3 squamous skin cell cancer ..it's in his penis .scrotum and groin and lymph node that are in the groin .the confusion is the doctors and consultants have said this is very very unusual and the doctors have never dealt with it in these areas before there going to start chemo and radio therapy next week but this coming Monday we've going to see a doctor who is basically going to explain this to us futher my dads consultant has already said the cancer can not be removed and surgery can not be done (this was the plan before the pet scan) my main question are if anyone has had a family member in the same situation how did they respond to the treatment they say the cancer Is aggressive does this mean he basically going to for soon ..my poor dad is all ready in agony and really not well he's on all sorts of medication. And morphine ect just the main worry is as awful as this sounds him suffering more from treatment when its not going to help i know that sounds awful and I know I'm best of waiting till Monday until we see the doctor but I've search online over n over again for information about this type of cancer in the areas my dad has it and there's nothing at all I understand it's rare but surely some one is experiencing something similar my minds going in to over drive any advice appreciated xxx

• Hi Jane ...

Sorry you are going through this at the moment .. l know it's really scary, we all feel that while waiting .. but like you said, you'll find out more Monday, which is nearly here, write down any questions your dad needs .. if you can go with him, maybe write down what they say, as it's all a bit of a blur at the time ..

So hold on your nearly there ... Chrissie x

• The worst fear as happend and I just don't know what to do or why I'm even writing this on here the results are verry bad there's no cure it's terminal and there's nothing that can help hes been given a maximum of 18 month with chemo and radio therapy but he's not able to start chemo yet as he's to poorly he's all ready in awful pain ..I'm actually lost for words my dad who I love more than life its self is going to die in the most horrible way ..a. Big f**ck you to cancer my dad's only 55 I guess I need to be strong for him now and that's all the matter but it's so hard

• Hi Jane ...

I can't imagine how bad you feel right now .. but your dad is gonna need a hand to hold ... and he's here today .. make every day count ... share tears, hugs, and it's o.k to admit your both scared ...

Non of us with cancer know how long we have, we all live with it every day ... and my mum went suddenly with a heart attack ... no time to say good bye, or that I loved her so very much .. you have the time, I didn't get .. I only wanted one more day ... 

My heart goes out to you ... this is one of the hardest things, you'll ever go through .. cancer takes away so much, don't let it take away one more day then it has too ... I know, I'm living it too ... and doing what I've said to you .. taking every day as a bonus .. and my last gesture will be sticking two fingers up to this crule cancer ... you walk this last journey, well all have to walk one day ... 

Sending you a big hug ... Chrissie