so worried

Hi I’m currently waiting for my scan date to come through but today I’m feeling so scared. 

In April I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks, during my scan I was told that the pain I had been experiencing may be caused by a small cyst on my left ovary. Didn’t think too much of it.

since the miscarriage my cycles have gone crazy, 19 days, 22 days, 24 days etc etc. August I had a 19 day cycle and bled heavily for 8 days. I then noticed that my lymph node in my groin had begun to swell. The pain in my left ovary has been horrendous literally crippling me over. The node continued to swell and now it is visible on the skin surface. Then both clavicle nodes became swollen. My period had not arrived so by day 32 of this months cycle I went to see the gp who sent me for bloods and referred for a scan. The following day my period arrived (last Wednesday) and 2 days later the bleeding had stopped. 

Monday I had a call to say that my CA125 results were elevated so I needed to wait for the scan 

of course I’ve googled like crazy and came to the conclusion that it could be anything and not to panic until today

today I started bleeding heavily after intercourse and now I’m terrified. My ovary is so painful too.

i just keep looking at my children and wondering how on earth they will cope

• Hi Samh,

I'm sorry you have had these symptoms and that they are causing you stress, but it's best to stay away from Google. When you are worried that you may have cancer, it can be tempting to look for answers online, but this can end up increasing anxiety rather than making you feel better. The only person that can diagnose you is your doctor, through further tests, so hopefully your next appointment goes ok.  

I hope this is helpful   

Moderator Anastasia