So scared

hi just been diagnosed with cancer and in on the 14 th to have kidney removed and any satellite cells removed in bladder, I know I'm lucky as I could be cancer free after but I have this clock now counting down that I can't get out of my head? I just keep looking at things and places and thinking that is maybe the last time I see it, is this normal 

• Hi So Scared. I felt exactly the same way before I had a hysterectomy four years ago. On the day of the op I remember getting up at about 4 in the morning and sitting in the garden as the sun came up thinking is the last time I'll do this. I think it's perfectly normal and impossible to stop thinking that way. I focussed on healthy eating and exercise so I could be as fit and healthy as possible to help my body cope with the surgery. The worry never went away but it stopped me being overwhelmed by it. You could try focussing on something similar and/or on coming home and how you will occupy yourself while you're recovering. Please let us know how the surgery goes, I look forward to hearing that you are home and recovering and what you are doing to relieve the boredom!

Take care

Sue

• Thank you so much for you kind words , I shall focus on coming home and getting looked after by my wife and children , time to cash in on every lift and money lent  I guess x