So Sad

Hi. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this. Today we was told that my beautiful sister who is 62 is going to lose her brain tumor fight. She has a few weeks left with all her family. My heart is broken as she is not only my sister but my best friend. We moved next door to each other so we could enjoy our future retirement together. My heart is broken and I can't stop crying. Today she put her arms around me and kissed my cheek and told me she has had enough and wants to die. I am going to miss her so much and cry all the time even as I am typing this I'm crying. Everyone keeps telling me to make good memories but when I look at her my heart sinks. This nasty tumor has left her paralysed from the waist down and she looks so poorly. I just don't think I will be able to move on from all this pain.

• Hello Sosad21

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis and that things have deteriorated for her recently. It's obviously an incredibly difficult time for you all and it's understandable that you're beginning to experience some feelings of grief and loss. 

I hope that the team looking after her is able to keep her comfortable and that during these last few weeks you're able to spend some time together. 

It can often help to talk to someone at times like this and if you think that might help you then you're welcome to give our team of nruses a call. I'm sure they will be happy to listen and offer any support that they can. If you'd like to speak with them they're available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hi [@Sosad21]‍ 

I am really sorry to hear about your sister, and as this post is now a couple of weeks old I hope that you are doing OK. There are no words or comfor that can be given - not any that will make you feel better anyway.

At this time, the emotional side of things is all consuming and your head and heart are finding it difficult to comprehend and process everything. It sounds like you and your sister have had a really close relationship and that has made this even more painful for you.

There is no right way or wrong way to feel in these circumstances and we all get through it in different ways. I hope that you can fight yourself through this pain to come out the otherside where things will become easier to handle. There are plenty of people that you can talk too and I hope you can find someone to help you through this moment in your life. 

Take Care xx