Smear Test Results

Hello

I received my smear results through the post yesterday and they're not what I was hoping for.. HPV Positive with Borderline Changes to some of my cells. 

I instantly felt sick after reading the letter and immediately booked my colposcopy! I have my appointment for the 10th of March but I'd personally like to get a bit more insight from anyone who had similar results? 

I know HPV can lay dormant for years and most of the time people don't know they have it, I had 3 doses of the HPV Vaccine when I was in school but knew it didn't guarantee full protection of all strains. 

This was my first smear (just turned 25) and wanted to cry when I saw these changes as I lost my father to cancer, I suffer badly with anxiety and struggle to deal with situations like this! 

Thank you in advance :) 

Jade

• Hi jade,  its really scary i had the same and I am waiting for my coloscopy appointment to come through, keep reading through on here loads of support, do your research on hpv its so much more common than i realised and nothing to be ashamed of thats for sure,good luck ill keep you posted too x