Smear test results

I'm 29 and been to have a smear test and the results have just come back 3days ago and it is positive for hpv and high-grade (severe) dyskaryosis' what does this mean ???? And i have been asked to go for a colposcopy for further examination i am so worried and scared i have been on google and all i see is the word cancer and whenever im reading something nothing seems to sink in and i don't know what to do. 

• Hi Sarahjane

The dyskariosis means you have abnormal cells on your cervix. These are NOT cancer. The colposcopy is a more detailed examination of your cervix to check these cells and provide treatment...normally they can be removed in a straightforward procedure and you would be monitored as you have the hpv virus which causes these abnormalities. Just keep in mind that these abnormal cells are precancerous, meaning there is a chance they could eventually become cancer if they were not treated. As you’re having a colposcopy, you will get any treatment required. Google will give you the worst case scenario about everything, so I’d recommend sticking to reputable sites like this one for information, and being able to talk to people who have actually been through this type of thing. xx

• Ok now that makes me feel more calmer as i have been worried about it all. don't i know it it felt like it was just all blah blah blah to me and thank you for making it more readable for me to understand im still awaiting the letter to go for the colposcosis. xx