Smear results

Good afternoon,

hope everyone is keeping well, I have my first smear at 29 last year now 30.. came back with changes to the cells and high risk form of hpv I went to colopsey and told to get another smear in a year so fast forward last month got a my yearly smear again it's came back with more changes and again high risk form of hpv. I thought I'd be invited for follow up and I'm wondering do they know this is second year in a row that it's came back like this as it says in letter basically it should clear by next check up but mines hasn't since last year. I'm just a bit worried as I'm still having the ongoing bleeding very painful after sex , flank and back pain , discharge etc. Has anyone got any advice should I follow this up with my doctor I also at my pelvic scan last year had nabothion cysts on my cervix unsure about them but just thought worth a mention.

take care

• Hi Lilbear12,

I'm not sure if you're still waiting to hear more following the results, but if not then it's certainly worth giving your doctor a call to talk things through. That way you can get some understanding and also ask any questions you have.

Mention everything you've put in your post here, so you have covered it all and can see what they say.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator