Small cell lung cancer

So sad hubby died 3rd July 2021 6 months to  the day off diagnosis. How do people ever get over the death of there loved one.

• Hello Karennova

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your husband just a few short months ago. Grief is a natural process but it can be devastating and I'm sure that many members here would say that you never get over the death of a loved one but that you will find a new way to move forwards. 

Often it can help to have support from outside of your family and circle of friends. If you've not already had any bereavement support then I'd encourage you to have a look at the Cruse website. It may be that talking to someone about your loss will help you on this journey with grief that you're going through. 

Take each day at a time Karennova and keep posting here on the forum if it helps. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hi

Hi I lost my husband to lung cancer on the 9/9/19 after being diagnosed in June 2019 this came as a complete shock as he was only 54 fit and healthy. We have been together for 26yrs married 19yrs. I'm happy to talk to you .

Victora x

• Hi Victoria thankyou fo your reply. Feel for you .have you got family   support. I Do not have children but a wonderful family..if I keep busy think it's easier but once I stop an sat here on my own it's so hard tears start .Night is the hardest never thought I would be on my own so early without him .I think when your both older say late 70 you come to expect you could loose each other but this small cell lung cancer is a sure quick death sentence there's very few will survive it as it as already gotten hold by the time a diagnosis is given.my hubby died in hospital he didn't suffer as the cancer spread to his heart tissue.but my heart broken may be in time it will heal .take care karen.