Small cell lung cancer...

My mum got diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in may, she's had 5 rounds of chemo and had radio in between.. having finished that she's now having radio to the brain as a precaution. She had a scan in august then another last week, there has been no change in the size of the tumor. I know it's a good thing it isn't any bigger but I was wondering how long it takes to see a result? Does this mean it hasn't worked or do you have to give it time? Thanks x

• Hello and welcome to the forum, Worried17.

I'm so sorry to hear that your mum has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in May and that her tumour hasn't shrunk after having the treatments she had. When will your mum have her next appointment to find out a bit more?

Hopefully, some of our members who have been in a similar position will be here shortly to share their experiences with you and offer advice but in the meantime, feel free to give our friendly team of cancer nurses a call if chatting with someone medically trained might help. They can be reached via this number 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 9 a.m and 5 p.m. 

Wishing you and your mum all the best,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator