skin cancer

I was first diagnosed with malignant melanoma last year it was removed with surgery I have now been diagnosed with scc I'm not sure what happens now and I'm scared has anyone else had this xx
  • Hi Dawn,

Welcome to this website of lovely, supportive people.  I am not conversant with your particular issues, but am sure someone who is will be here shortly to assist.  A suggestion is to call one of the nurse on Mon morn to have a chat.   Their no is available on the website.

Best wishes,

Kathy x

• Hi most squamous cell carcinomas, if on skin surface can be successfully removed with surgery. If the lesion is in an area where it cannot be fully removed, radiotherapy can be used to kill off any remaing cells. Occasionally it can metastasize it then can be a problem. The key seems to be time, so hassle your hospital at every opportunity, make yourself available for any short notice cancellation. If you have enough money get it done ASAP privately.

Im one year on from diagnosis, it took 12 weeks wait to have it removed, I now have a 2 inch scar on my forehead, it spread to my saliva gland and lymphatic system. More surgery more radiotherapy. Im just starting to feel normal again. Theres loads of help available through your hospital and macmillan nurses to get you through, you just have to ask.