Skin biopsy results says 6-8 weeks on week 7.5

Hi would like some advice I had a triple skin biopsy one.on toe one on neck and one on groin 7 weeks and 5 days ago it says on my leaflet for my hospital it will be 6-8 weeks for results should I phone or should I just wait until next week after 8 weeks ?for my biopsy the appointment was only couple days before time limit had to wait long time for appointment they gave me so think this may be the same .I have done pretty well so far but now it's close to deadline if Ive not heard yet is it a good sign or not a difference?  the dermatologist said I should be ok but she was concerned about the moles or areas of skin removed on my toe especially and my groin I'm 28 yo man with 3 daughters it's at the stage I just need to to know to get over this part o my life and move on 

• Hi Jn93,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a long wait. I would suggest waiting until after the 8 weeks before calling. Unfortunately it's not possible to read anything into the waiting time. I appreciate the uncertainty is difficult so I hope you're able to find out more soon.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi,

I agree with Ben. Give them a ring once the 8 week mark is up and ask if your results are back. Histology results first have to be discussed with the MDT (Multi Disciplinary Team consisting of dermatology, plastics, oncology and nurses) whether the results are good or bad. They then contact the patient by phone or by letter. Sometimes results can be held up either due to the tissue samples needing a second opinion from another hospital histology (if there is any ambiguity) or by the results just missing the weekly MDT meeting and not being discussed until the following week. The consultant's secretary should be able to give you an idea when you will hear from them (she can't give you the results).

Good luck and please let us know how you get on,

Angie (Stage 3 melanoma patient since 2009)

• Hello there...and sorry for asking...but how long did you finally waited for your result?i m in same situation 8 weeks passed they told me to still wait because its busy this period...but i wanted know if u would be so kind tell me how long did u waited finally for your biopsy results...i hope u doing okay...and thanks for your answer in advance..

• Hi it was at least another month and half before they took me in I got mines cut off and no further treatment needed I hope you are the same