Should I be worried

A few weeks ago I woke up with my left shoulder and armpit swollen and sore. I was given an anti biotic and the swelling went down but lump is still there. My doctor reffeded me to the breast clinic on the red flag system and I was given an appointment within a few hours. I kept telling myself it's not to serious, I'm 33 and have no lumps on my breasts but it keep thinking why was it so quick ... Did my doctor suspect something and not let on? She said she was referring me as you can never be sure but it makes me wonder what she wrote on her notes ,:neutral:

• Hi there, it can be really scary when doctors speed things through but the fact that you got a quick appointment just means that your health trust is on top of things and takes red flag referrals seriously. 

The lump you have is most likely a lymph node that hasn't yet gone back down since the infection you had but your doctor quite rightly just wants to be safe and make sure that's all it is. 

The waiting is the worst part but be reassured that your local health trust seems to be efficient so your wait likely won't be too long & your mind will be put at ease soon!

Hope all goes ok.

• Thank you so much for replying and putting me at ease. 

My appointment is in 2 weeks so not too long of a wait. I was feeling fine about it all and not panicking but then started overthinking and wondered why mine was put forward so quickly.

Thank you . Hopefully I will be on in a few weeks with good news xo