Should I be worried

I had a Transvaginal ultrasound Saturday and today which is Monday I had a call from my doctors saying he needs to make a face to face appointment which we've scheduled for Thursday then an hour later the hospital rang me saying they had made me an appointment to be seen again for next week. I'm really worried should I take someone with me. TIA 

• Hello DJ68

I'm sorry to hear that you've recently had an ultrasound and that following this appointment you've now been asked to see your GP later this week and to re-attend the hospital next week. It's understandable that you're feeling anxious and worried about what this may mean. 

If there's a friend or family member that you would feel comfortable asking to come to the appointments with you then there's certainly no harm in them going along with you. Having someone there for moral support will I'm sure be helpful whatever news the GP and/or hospital give you. 

If you want to chat with one of our nurses at any point you're welcome to call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. 

Keep in touch DJ68 and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator